Seniors have a lot more benefits and programs available to them outside of just restaurants. Many overlook some of the greatest benefits and programs available just for seniors. Unfortunately many people 55+ are missing out entirely, simply because they don't know these programs exist.
We've put together our brand-new 2019 list of top discounts and programs we have personally tried and tested.
Editor's Note: Some of these discounts are only available online, and may not be available for very long. For that reason, we recommend our readers claim their benefits to start saving right away!
1. Discounts At Favorite Restaurants
Not everyone feels like cooking. We curated some of the top restaurant discounts in the nation to make your choice easier. Check back weekly for updates!
Keep in mind that deals may vary at participating locations and can change without notice.
- Golden Corral: Senior discount varies by location (Inquire)
- Burger King: 10% discount on purchase depending on location (60+)
- McDonald’s: discounts on coffee and beverages (55+)
- Wendy’s: get free coffee or other discounts depending on location
- IHOP: 10% discount (55+) and a menu for people aged 55 and over at participating locations
- Denny’s: Offers a 55+ menu with smaller portions, and better prices. (We like this a lot!)
- Perkins: Restaurants: Fifty-Five Plus menu Offers special deals (55+)
- Subway: 10% off (60+) varies by location
- Old Country Buffet: Daily discounts for seniors (55+)
- Long John Silver’s: 10% discount or discounted beverage (55+)
2. Born Before 1985? Take $3,120/year Off Your Mortgage with the New Government "Enhanced Relief" Program
If you're a homeowner, this one thing could save yourself thousands of dollars this year...
Congress recently passed a new government program called the Freddie Mac Enhanced Relief Refinance (FMERR) initiative. This program is designed to help the average American homeowner reduce their payments by an average of $3,120/year (or $260/month).
There's no telling when the program could expire, so it's suggested that homeowners visit the free Enhanced Relief Savings website to check their eligibility right away.
So while the banks happily wait for this program to end, the Government is making a final push and urging homeowners to take advantage. This program is currently active but could be shut down at any given time. The good news is that once you're in, you're in.
So if reducing your payments by $260/month, paying off your mortgage faster, or even taking some cash out would help you, it's important to check your eligibility here. Checking your eligibility is quick and completely free!Check My Eligibility »
3. Seniors 55 and Older Get $1,000,000 Tax-Free Life Insurance
Unfortunately with every year you age your insurance premium amount rises 8-10%. For some, rising life insurance policy costs can add up significantly. And what's worse is the fact that many have a hard time qualifying for new policies altogether once they reach a certain age.
Fortunately though, there is a way to get a very cheap life insurance policy. You need to compare quotes from multiple insurance companies. This amazing website will let you do that and the best part it is totally free! They will run your information through their technology to automatically find the best life insurance policies available for a much much lower price. You could end up saving up to 70% on life insurance!
No medical check and instant approval policies are also available. Click here to see available plans.Save on Life Insurance »
4. Save on Grocery Shopping at the Supermarket
Once you've used your senior discount at all of your favorite restaurants, you'll need to buy some groceries. Lots of stores give a senior discount – you just need to ask.
Keep in mind that discounts and deals may vary and can change without notice.
- Farm Fresh: 5% discount Tuesdays and Thursdays (55+)
- Hy-Vee: depending on location will usually offer 5% discount on Tuesdays and Wednesdays (some stores set age to 65+)
- Fred Meyer: 10% senior discount on the first Tuesday of every month
- New Seasons Market: 10% discount every Wednesday
- Compare Food Supermarket: 10% discount in participating locations, get in touch with your local store to find out more
- Piggly Wiggly: varying discounts at participating locations (inquire)
- Fry's Food: 10% discount on the first Wednesday of every month to all seniors with VIP card.
5. More Than $5,000 in Tax Debt? Use This Brilliant Debt Payoff Plan
Seniors that carry tax debt don't need the burden of increasing interest payments every month. But credit companies may not want you to find out about alternatives.
For anyone with more than $5,000 in tax debt, this debt relief program for seniors may reduce the amount of money owed. The program can resolve debt without a loan, and many have become debt free in 24 – 48 months by using this one strategy. Those with over $5,000 or more in tax debt can click here to see if they qualify for reduced payments.Reduce My Tax Bill »
6. Seniors Enjoy Monthly Savings on on Car Insurance
Did you know that depending on your age and other factors you could get a huge discount on car insurance? Recent studies indicate that only 5% of American drivers over the age of 55 are paying less than $50 per month for car insurance. That is probably because they are not taking advantage of the multiple discounts available to them.See My New Rate »
7. Enjoy a Trip to the Movies With These Senior Discounts
Love seeing a good flick at your local theatre? Here are the top theatre discounts for seniors.
- Regal Theatres: Regal Entertainment Group offers AARP members who are 50 or older a $3.00 discount on a large or small popcorn and soft drink combination purchase.
- AMC Theatres: AMC Theatres offers discounted ticket prices to customers who are 60 or older with valid photo identification.
- Marcus Theatres: Marcus Theatres offers customers who are 60 or older $5 admission to matinees each Friday with valid photo identification.
- Showcase Cinemas: Each Wednesday, Showcase Cinemas offers $7 admission to customers who are 60 or older. The special savings applies to all movie tickets including IMAX, RealD 3D, XPlus, and MX4D.
- Landmark Theatres: Landmark Theatres offers reduced pricing to guests 62 years of age or older with valid identification.
Bonus: You May Never Have to Pay Out-of-Pocket for Home Repairs Again
Unexpected home repairs can be catastrophic to the finances of seniors on a fixed monthly budget. Unfortunately home insurance will not cover the refrigerator, stove or washing machine breaking down unexpectedly. Same goes for your heater in the winter or AC unit in the summer. If any of these items break, it can run hundreds or even thousands of dollars.
This is why so many homeowners have taken such an interest in this Home Warranty Program that supplements homeowners insurance. It can end up saving thousands by protecting unexpected home repairs. The AC, furnace, appliances, roofing repairs – they may all be covered! If there's something they can't fix, they may just replace it!Click to Learn More »
Don't Forget to Claim the Top 3, Most Popular Money-Saving Senior Discounts…
✔ Take $3,120/year Off Your Mortgage: Click here to check if your eligible!
✔ Cheap Life Insurance: Click here to search discounted rates on life insurance!
✔ Debt Relief: Click here if you have more than $5,000 in tax debt.